- One 7″ pre-made sweet shortcrust pastry case
- 225g dark chocolate
- 175ml double cream
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 75g flaked almonds
- Almond essence (optional)
- Warm the chocolate gently until melted and then stir in the cream.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and egg yolk together with the caster sugar and add a few drops of almond essence if using.
- Gently stir the flour into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Combine the chocolate mix and the egg mix, then follow by stirring in 2/3rds of the flaked almonds.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case, top with the remaining almonds and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Leave to cool for 1hr before tucking in.
This works equally well as individual servings in ramekins – bake for 20 minutes and serve while still warm for a melt in the middle chocolate pudding.