There’s not a lot I can say here that’s different from the past few days. I feel like my body has got into it’s stride and I’m not having any thoughts about food. Except when I’m hungry. Which is nearly all the time. Hmm. Day 4 I woke up not feeling hungry as I did on day 5 but in the afternoons and evenings I have started to feel much hungrier than the past few days.
To counteract this I have been making sure I eat the recommended fruit and vegetables each day which has helped and saved one of my shakes each day to use as a pudding. I have found using the recipes on the Weight To Go Facebook page and youtube channel have been useful and I’ve been trying out some different shake combos to change it up a bit. Not because they taste bad or they’re boring, but just because I can!
As I’ve already mentioned in my previous post, blending the shake powders with fruit and water give really nice thick smoothies which taste just like protein shakes (if you’ve ever had a good sports protein drink) or similarly like a thick fruit smoothie. Initially I wasn’t very taken with the strawberry shakes and even at this stage they are still my least favourite flavour but I do recommended the following flavour recipes:
- Vanilla shake mixed with coffee made with hot water – turns into a thick creamy latte.
- Vanilla shake made with water using a hand blender adds lots of frothiness and is just delicious!
- Strawberry and/or banana shakes mixed with water, banana and mixed berries (I have been doing this in the morning and making a big batch I can drink whenever I like throughout the day).
- Strawberry, banana and vanilla shake blended with a banana and ice.
- Chocolate shake mix blended with a small amount of water to make a thick creamy ‘dessert’ consistency, then chilled and layered with vanilla shake made in the same way – makes a really nice pudding.
- 1/2 Chocolate shake powder and 1/2 vanilla shake powder mixed with hot water – makes a nice creamy hot chocolate!
If you have any questions about the diet feel free to leave them in the comments section, would love to know your thoughts! Check back on Monday when I will be revealing the results of the final weigh in and my thoughts on the final few days of the Weight To Go Diet.