Thirty before 30

I have suddenly realised that in 18 months I turn 30. It’s not as if this fact has crept up on me, I mean I’ve had all my life to get used to the idea but now we are in the new year it seems a lot less far off than I thought.

After seeing Janey’s 30 Before 30 list over at cupidsbow I have been inspired to write my own list … except I don’t have that long to do them all! I guess this will be a challenge as I’m not the most active, outdoorsy girl nor do I do much out of the ordinary but I think it’s time I had a few goals so here they are:

1. Learn photography
  20. Be completely debt free
  21. Find my own sense of style
  22. Make a gingerbread house
  23. Complete the Couch to 5k running plan
  24. Try burlesque or pole dancing lessons
  25. Make a podcast
  26. Sing in public (before no.27!)
  27. Get braces
  28. Get a tattoo
  29. Restore something vintage
  30. Learn to walk in heels

So do you have a list of goals or a 30 before 30? What do you hope to achieve this year?

Comments

1. Claire says

So that must mean I have 21 months until I turn 30. Eek!

Good luck with the list, are you going to write about and cross off the items on the list when you have completed them? It’ll be a good incentive. I’m now curious to what your ‘Plan B’ is? Oh, and I can proudly say that I have managed to complete No. 16 ;)

• says

Yes I will be posting about them as I do them and cross them off :) My plan b fund is how much money I would need for three months if I was suddenly unemployed with no income at all (for emergencies). I have seen all the Star Wars films already but it was a long time ago and I’ve never really understood them so really no.16 is to re-watch them all and actually follow the plot lol x

2. Claire says

lol I know what you mean, they were a bit taxing for me too, but I’m there now. I only watched them under protest as Mark made me watch them and with a migraine, hidden under a pillow. The pressure was on lol x

3. says

Great list! I like the way that you’ve got some really simple ones and some really epic ones! I think that’s the good thing about these types of list vs a bucket list – you can put the little things on there that you’ve been meaning to do for ages but never got around to! Hopefully this list will inspire you to get them done.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

4. says

Great goals! Don’t worry if you don’t finish them by 30. I am turning 32 in August and I am hoping to mark off the lat 4-5 things I have left on my list. Life didn’t end at 30 and I still wanted to do everything on the list, so I just kept going!

• says

Thankyou :) No absolutely not, life doesn’t end at 30! Just gives me something to aim for. Who know’s, at the end of it I might write a 40 before 40 lol. Good luck with finishing the last of your list x

Trackbacks